Fatboy Beacons 106x
1000 Series Fatboy Beacons
With their high source levels and options of narrow beam patterns, 1000 Series Fatboy beacons are ideal for deep water operations, noisy and acoustically challenging environments and applications requiring long operating ranges.
Fatboy transponders incorporate Spread Spectrum coding allowing extremely stable and reliable performance with Nexus USBL systems, whilst maintaining a compatibility with almost all of the industry’s other standard USBL systems.
Charging and programming are achieved using the 1082 Smart Switch, removing the necessity for mechanical switches on the beacon’s end cap.
- Spread Spectrum Technology
- Externally configurable for use as Transponder, Responder or Pinger
- Industry standard 5-pin connector
- Onboard fast charger for typical 8 hour charge time
- Directional or omni-directional
- Digital Spread Spectrum telemetry option for confirmation of accurate beacon depth (D suffix)
- Transducer protection cage available to reduce accidental damage
- Survival depth to 4000m as standard