The Tritech LRPA200 Long Range Digital Precision Altimeter is specifically designed for applications where long range, high accuracy echo-sounding is required.
The altimeter is both a standalone and networkable altimeter with all the features and flexibility of the industry standard Tritech PA200 and PA500 altimeters.
Full digital synthesis of transmit and receive frequencies from the altimeter, together with greatly improved input dynamic range, offer unsurpassed levels of performance from a compact unit.
The LRPA200 long range altimeter may be supplied with simultaneous analogue and digital outputs allowing the altimeter to be interfaced to a wide range of PC devices, data loggers, ROV telemetry systems and multiplexers.
The altimeter contains a number of miniature switches which allow the unit to be field reconfigured for different applications.
Control of the altimeter may be performed in many ways including:
- Altimeter direct from a PC running DOS
- Altimeter direct from a PC running Windows
- Altimeter direct from a suitable control system
- Altimeter as part of a multidrop network
- Altimeter with analogue only outputs
- Altimeter with digital only output
- Simultaneous analogue and digital outputs from altimeter
- Noise immunity
- Altimeter can be field reconfigured for different applications
- Altimeter with free-running outputs
- Altimeter with interrogated outputs
- 4000 metre standard depth rating
- ROV and AUV auto-altitude and under-ice measurement
- Altimeter integration to CTD & oceanographic sensor packages
- Altimeter integration to bathymetric packages
- Touchdown monitoring of subsea structures
- Low-cost hydrographic surveying of rivers and canals