Intelligent Gyro Compass (iGC)
The Tritech Intelligent Gyro Compass (iGC) combines three angular rate gyros with three orthogonal DC accelerometers and three orthogonal magneto- meters.
This makes the iGC an invaluable heading sensor and motion reference unit (MRU) for numerous ROV and AUV applications.
The Intelligent Gyro Compass provides essential movement data not available from widely used Magnetically Slaved Gyro and Flux Gate Compasses.
Designed in compact housing and depth rated to 4,000m, the iGC incorporates a 9 sensor orientation processor, a proprietary interface and protocol converter.
Operating over the full 360° of angular motion on three axes, the iGC provides orientation matrix and quaternion formats. These may be used directly, but are normally converted to an industry standard navigation output telegram. This can be configured by the user to match a wide selection of common heading sensors.
- Combines 3 angular rate gyros with 3 orthogonal DC accelerometers and 3 orthogonal magnetometers
- More accurate than a flux gate compass
- State of the art display software
- User programmable output modes and filter parameters
- Simple serial interface, non volatile memory, inertially filtered system
- Minimal maintenance costs
- High shock rating
- Low-cost inertially stabilised ROV / AUV heading sensor
- Low-cost motion reference unit – acoustic position smoothing, heave compensation and depth measurement smoothing
- Can replace magnetically slaved gyro and flux gate compasses
- Ideal for auto heading applications
- Compatible with the Tritech ARCNET network of survey products